Tools & Methods Bootcamp
We provide a practical course delivered through a fun but immersive learning experience. Working in teams on a live brief you will be identifying real problems and using sense-making and ideation tools to produce diverse ideas. You will develop an understanding and practice in using some of the key tools and methods of service design and the knowledge of how these methods can be applied at various stages in the service design process.
Over two days you’ll learn about the tools you need to kick-start your service design journey and when and how to use them.
- The use of tools and methods at different phases
- Examples and case studies
- How personas and empathy mapping apply to user research
- How to use journey mapping to analyse and design services
- The methods of blueprinting
- How the Double Diamond design model maps onto the service design process
- The use of brainstorming and affinity mapping
- The principles and methods of ideation
- How we present initial outcomes
This course will suit non-designers working in service industries as well as professionals interested in creative problem-solving approaches. It is relevant for anyone who wishes to develop service design skills and explore how these can be applied across public and private sector services.
The Service Design Academy offers a range of Introductory Level Courses in Service Design including a PDA (Professional Development Award) in Service Design, accredited Units in service design disciplines and high energy two-day boot camps that will give you a whistle-stop tour of the tools as you put your learning into practice straight away with a live project brief.
This course is a basic, introductory level, there is no assessment but we do encourage you to reflect on your learning throughout the two days.
You will receive a College Certificate.
- Nice to Know
- Courses are in English
- All times are UK time
- This course is delivered on site at Dundee & Angus College
- The course runs from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm, refreshments and lunch are provided
- You will receive a course workbook and access to an online boot camp resource including videos
- All videos are subtitled in English
- You can join the Service Design Academy online community for future support from tutors and peers
You can access fees and funding information here.
How to Apply
Dates for 2018/19 are:
Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March 2019 Apply Now