Co-Design Short Course
We are offering the full award as individual short course to allow you flexibility around your studies, so that you can complete any particular short course in any order allowing you complete freedom to choose and complete short courses s and when you want to.
The short course is relevant for those who wish to engage service users and communities in decision making through creative processes, and is most appropriate for those who already work professionally with such groups.
This short course introduces you to co-design through dynamic and interactive workshops explaining how co-design is used within the service design process.
- How creativity works for both individuals and groups
- Approaches to innovation that involve users and consumers
- Examples and case studies
- How prototyping contributes to the co-design process
- The methods and value of prototyping in service design
- Key methods of prototyping services
- How to use prototyping in collaborative design processes
- What graphic facilitation is and how to apply it in co-design
- The key principles and approaches of co-design facilitation
- How to communicate, document and report a co-design workshop
This is an innovative way of gaining new skills and knowledge through project based learning tackling “live pitch problems”.
You will be working alongside public sector professionals in local government and the NHS, business start ups and social enterprises focused on how service design can improve quality and get closer to the needs of citizens and customers.
You can access fees and funding information here.
How to Sign Up
The next Co-Design Short Course will run from 30th April to 1st June 2018 with the two day bootcamp on Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th May 2018.