Tools and Methods Unit
We are offering the full award as individual units to allow you flexibility around your studies, so that you can complete any particular unit in any order allowing you complete freedom to choose and complete units as and when you want to.
Learners will acquire an understanding and practice in using some of the key tools and methods of service design. They will develop the knowledge of how these methods can be applied at various stages in the service design process. The unit is relevant for those who wish to develop service design skills and explore how they can be applied across all services.
- The use of tools and methods at different phases
- Examples and case studies
- How personas and empathy mapping apply to user research
- How to use journey mapping to analyse and design services
- The methods of blueprinting
- How the Double Diamond design model maps onto the service design process
- The use of brainstorming and affinity mapping
- The principles and methods of ideation
- How we present initial outcomes
You will be working alongside business, public sector professionals in local government, healthcare and social enterprises focused on how service design can improve quality and get closer to the needs of citizens and customers.
You can access fees and funding information here.
How to Apply
The next Tools and Methods unit starts on 19th March until 1st June with the two day bootcamp on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th March 2018.