User Research Bootcamp
This two-day boot camp introduces you to the fundamental skills in user research, representing a foundation for user-centred service design. You will gain an understanding of the methods that enable us to identify the needs of service users, the real people who use our services, focussing on how service design can improve the quality of services and get closer to the needs of citizens and customers.
This high-energy two-day course will give you an insight into the core principles of user research. You’ll get a whistle-stop tour of the tools used and with the help of our expert tutors, you’ll put your learning into practice straight away with a live brief project.
- Rationale behind use of user research in service design
- Bias, examples and case studies
- Visual research methods
- How to undertake a service field trip
- Interviewing users
- Pop-up research and researching user experience
- This is an innovative way of gaining new skills and knowledge through project based learning tackling “live pitch problems”.
This course will suit non-designers working in service industries as well as professionals interested in creative problem-solving approaches. It is appropriate for learners who wish to develop their service design skills and knowledge. It is also relevant for those who wish to engage service users and communities in decision making through creative processes.
The Service Design Academy offers a range of Introductory Level Courses in Service Design including a PDA (Professional Development Award) in Service Design.
Learners can complete four mandatory units (Tools & Methods, User Research, Co-Design and Project) to achieve the PDA in Service Design.
This course is a basic, introductory level, there is no assessment but we do encourage you to reflect on your learning throughout the two days.
You will receive a College Certificate.
Nice to Know
- Courses are in English
- All times are UK time
- This course is delivered on site at Dundee & Angus College
- The course runs from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm, refreshments and lunch are provided
- You will receive a course workbook and access to an online boot camp resource including videos
- All videos are subtitled in English
- You can join the Service Design Academy online community for future support from tutors and peers.
You can access fees and funding information here.
How to Sign Up
Dates for 2018/19 are:
Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 April 2019 Apply Now