Our courses are designed for you to learn how to design around your customers. Trying out proven tools on real-life challenges, you’ll develop practical skills you can apply tomorrow in your work place. You’ll leave with the know-how and confidence to run service design projects and drive change in your workplace.
Learners must complete the four mandatory units to achieve the PDA in Service Design.
You will receive a Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Certificate: PDA in Service Design.
Our course leaflet is available to download here
The evidence for these units will be created under open-book conditions over an extended timescale.
The learner will complete a small project/presentation and present the evidence of the process and the outcomes in a portfolio of work.
The portfolio can be presented in many formats and include many file types.
There are many opportunities for e-assessment in these awards, for example:
- Collation of e- presentation portfolios according to a given brief
- Collation of photographic and/or video content to support open book assessment
- Tools for collaborative project management to evidence outcomes
- Formative Quizzes
- Use of blogs, to evidence outcomes
Entry to this qualification is at the discretion of the Academy. However, it is recommended that the candidate has a standard of communication skills in English equivalent to SCQF level 5. Each learner will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure they have a realistic chance of achievement.
There are currently no specific progression routes in Scotland for Service Design. However, the achievement of the PDA in Service Design should allow learners to develop in generic qualifications, for example, Management or Project Management or progress to further study in Business Process Management within Further or Higher Education.
The Service Design Academy intends to continue to develop further training programmes and qualifications, and there may be opportunities for more specialist progression to and from the PDA in Service Design at SCQF level 7.
The course fee is £3250 – you can access further fees and funding information here.
Nice to Know
- Courses are in English.
- All times are UK time.
- This course is delivered offsite – London: etc.venues – The Hatton, 51-53 Hatton Gardens, LONDON, EC1N 8HN
- The course runs from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, refreshments and lunch are provided.
- You will receive a course workbook (hard and soft copy), online resources, all workshop materials and templates and access to wi-fi
- All videos are subtitled in English.
- You can join the Service Design Academy online community for future support from tutors and peers.
We suggest that you bring a laptop or tablet with you. We also recommend that you use a smartphone or small camera to photograph or video your activities over the duration of the 5 day Accelerator.
How to Sign Up
Monday 22 July – 18 October 2019 Apply Now